We recommend that you have a copy of your 2019 Federal Tax Return on hand to assist you in completing the Targeted EIDL Advance application questions. You will also be asked to confirm that the information provided in your original EIDL application is still accurate. If there are any changes, you may be asked to provide documentation in order to determine if you are eligible for a Targeted EIDL Advance. Applicants that pass the initial eligibility requirements will also be required to electronically sign an IRS Form 4506-T allowing SBA to obtain tax transcripts directly from the IRS before we can approve your request for the Targeted EIDL Advance.
SBA’s goal is to process all requests within 21 days of receiving a completed application. All application decisions will be communicated via email. Due to limited available funds for the Targeted EIDL Advance program, SBA will not be able to reconsider applications through an appeal process, so please make sure that your information is correct when submitting your application.
If your request is approved, you will receive an email notification and an ACH deposit to the bank account you provided in your application. It is very important that you double-check your bank account information carefully before submitting. Incorrect or incomplete information may result in an inability to approve your request or successfully disburse your funds. Carefully review the information below regarding bank account deposits.
- Double check that your account number and routing number are correct. They should be located at the bottom of your checks, if available. Log into your online banking account and locate that information there or contact your bank for confirmation.
- Make sure that the routing number provided is usable for ACH payments. Many Advance applicants submitted routing numbers reserved for other types of payments which resulted in the inability to send them an Advance.
- Bank name should be the official name of the bank; please contact your bank if you are unsure.
- Ensure you provide a checking account to facilitate the ACH payment.
- Double check that your account is still open and able to receive payments.
- Before submitting, you must make sure that the bank account you are providing satisfies the following:
- Account is opened using your business legal name matching the values entered in the business information section on your application. If you do not have a business legal name, the name on the account must match the business owner’s name.
- Account has your business address and phone number matching the values entered in the business information section on your application.
- Account is opened using your business tax id (EIN or SSN if no EIN registered) matching the values entered in your initial application.
- Common reasons why the account validation might fail would be the account holder name does not match the business name on the application, the business name changed since opening the account, using a personal account for business, account being in someone else’s name such as a spouse or friend, reusing a bank account for multiple businesses that do not match the business name on the application.
- If you do not have a bank account that satisfies the criteria above, there is a greater chance that SBA will not be able to approve your Target EIDL Advance
*This is direct from the SBA
Application Processing Department
Office of Disaster Assistance
U.S. Small Business Administration